[Tutor] Best tool for programming interactive games in Python

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 17:17:01 EDT 2016

On 29 Mar 2016 22:20, "Alan Gauld" <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote:

> PyGin and Albow are other games based frameworks you could
> investigate. And of course there is OpenGL which plays very
> well with MacOSX.

OpenGL plays nicely with Windows and Linux as well. I think that pygame
actually uses pyglet which is an OpenGL wrapper behind the scenes. I'm not
sure what kind of class this setup is for but I doubt that using raw OpenGL
is appropriate here. Some kind of higher level wrapper (e.g. pygame) is
what you'd want.

I'm not sure how well maintained pygame is any more though. Does anyone
know?

--
Oscar