[Tutor] META: Moderation and subscription to the tutor list

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sun May 1 00:18:27 EDT 2016

Hi Alan,

I thought I'd mention that the list-owners of "python-list" have now
decided to only allow people to post if they are subscribed to the list:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2016-April/707571.html

The motivation is to ensure that if people ask a question, and people
reply only to the list, the original poster has at least a chance of
seeing the replies.

Of course, in the case of python-list, non-subscribers can just use the
Usenet interface (comp.lang.python, or Google Groups, or gmane). But
anyone using Usenet is presumably savvy enough to check for replies
using Usenet.

What's your policy here on the tutor list? I think we should require
subscription before people can post. (And I think we should default to
individual emails, not daily digest.)

--
Steve