[Tutor] Dictionary Question

bharath ks bharathks123 at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 06:31:19 EDT 2016

Hello,

Using iteritems would be much easier approach
Something like this
mydic = {"A": "Apple", "B": "Banana"}
for key, value in mydic.iteritems():    if value == "Apple":        print key

 Thanks & BR, Bharath Shetty

    On Tuesday, 3 May 2016 2:57 AM, Jason N. via Tutor <tutor at python.org> wrote:

 Thank you all for your responses.
A quick follow up, what is the best way to make dictionary requests case in-sensitive? For example, "Apple and "apple" should bring back the same dictionary response. Thank you.

    On Monday, May 2, 2016 6:57 PM, Bob Gailer <bgailer at gmail.com> wrote:

On May 2, 2016 5:27 PM, "Jason N. via Tutor" <tutor at python.org> wrote:

> Hello,
> Wanted to ask if its possible to have a dictionary that can be looked up by either values?
> For example,
> mydic = {"A: "Apple", "B": "Banana"}When user inputs "A" I want "Apple" to come. But if the user enter "Apple" I want "A" to respond.
I think this would depend on how big the data set is and how often you want to look things up.
Two other Solutions:
Create a class which internally manages two dictionaries.
If things are really big create a database using for example sqlite.

Tutor maillist  -  Tutor at python.org