[Tutor] Python Homework CORRECTION rules -> tools (programs)

Bob Gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Wed May 4 10:42:13 EDT 2016

On May 3, 2016 2:38 PM, "Katie Tuite" <katuite13 at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I know what a color gradient is, I don't know how to compute it
though. As far as programs, they told us we should use matplotlib, NumPy,
and SciPy to display graphs.

Thanks. Always reply to the list as well as me.

Computing gradient. Each color has a numeric value, normally in the range
of 0 to 16,581,375. Each of your data points has a value in the range of -1
to 1. You need to get the values of  red and yellow, then the color value
of each data point is proportionately between red and yellow as the data
point is between -1 and 1.
Since I don't know your academic background I'm guessing that this
explanation might work. Let us know.
I'm not familiar enough with the plotting packages you cited. Perhaps
someone else on this list can help here.