[Tutor] Getting started in testing

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue May 24 21:07:54 EDT 2016

Terry Carroll <carroll at tjc.com> writes:

> Thanks to Alan, Danny, Albert-Jan and Ben for their suggestions. I've
> now gotten my feet wet in unittest and have gone from not quite
> knowing where to start to making substantial progress, with a small
> suite of tests up and running.

Great start!

Do keep in mind that unit tests are only one kind of test — the most
detailed, testing a single assertion about a single unit of code. A good
test suite has tests written to test higher groups of functionality too.

--
 \        “A life spent making mistakes is not only most honorable but |
  `\          more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” —anonymous |