[Tutor] Fwd: Re: Created map after opening file

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at alan-g.me.uk
Thu Oct 20 13:45:38 EDT 2016

Resending after mail error, apologies if you get two!

Always use Reply All (Or Reply List) to reply to the tutor list...

On 20/10/16 14:45, Betty Cruz wrote:
> I had actually attached the map and how the data looked. I guess the
> pictures didn't go through? I have added links.

The server often strips attachments, it's always better to
include as text or provide a link if it's big.

> The data looks like this:
> 10000 10000 10000 7367   7367   7367
> 10000 29410 29410 29410 29410 36101

So the points you want to plot are:

(10000,10000), (10000,294210),(10000,29410)(again?), (7367,29410)...

correct?

> https://i.stack.imgur.com/tUvBj.png
>
> I have tried printing it out, but I just get this error: No such file
> or directory: 'map.dat'

Have you tried using the full path?

eg:
data = np.loadtxt(r'C:/myfolder/map.dat')

Python is looking in the current working directory
for the file and not finding it.

> I added print (data) after data = np.loadtxt('map.dat'), but that
> didn't work.

Yes, that will only work once you get the file path sorted out.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site