[Tutor] nosetests on travis-ci.org

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Oct 31 20:12:31 EDT 2016

Hi Joseph,

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 10:09:00AM -0400, Joseph Slater wrote:

> I've created a relatively simple package, partly for utility, but
> partly for self-education.
>
> The port installs and works fine on pypi, but I need to know how to
> run automated tests for my other projects.
>
> Specifically, nose tests works at my command line, but fail on
> travis-ci . I have no understanding why and would appreciate any help.

travis-ci is rather advanced for this list, which is aimed more at
beginners still learning the syntax of Python and basic programming. You
might be lucky enough to find somebody here who knows travis, but it isn't me :-)

You may have better luck on the main Python list:

python-list at python.org

also available on Usenet as comp.lang.python, as it tends to have people
with a much broader range of experience than here. But even there,
you'll probably be asked to come up with a minimum example that
demonstrates the problem:

http://sscce.org/

Good luck!

--