[Tutor] crashes

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 7 19:31:36 EDT 2016

On 07/09/16 13:21, Rosalie de Klerk Bambara wrote:

> Im trying to install python on my macbook air, I’ve installed these 3 versions and deinstalled too.

Python 2.7 should be installed by default since MacOS uses it.

> By typing a ‘ the IDLE crash every time…
> after the first ( the idle stops…by all 3 versions.

When you say "crash" what exactly happens? Does the IDLE GUI literally
just die and disappear? Or is there an error box first? Or do you just
mean you are getting an error message?

> Do you have any idea?

Not yet, we need more information I suspect.

> print(‘ (and the it crash…)

Where are you typing this?
Is it the IDLE "Shell" window - the one with the >>> prompt?

Can you run Python from the MacOs Console window
(Application->Utilities-Console I think)

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site