[Tutor] Error: 'IndexedVar' object is not callable

Pooja Bhalode poojabhalode11 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 12:23:44 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I am sorry about the confusion earlier,
I am trying to run Pyomo environment in Python on sublime text editor.
Python version of 2.7.11. I am running the code in sublime itself.

The code is somewhat long, around 200 lines.
I can add snippets of it though.

Code:

m.z = ContinuousSet(bounds = (0,10))
m.t = ContinuousSet(bounds = (0,10))
where all the variables that I am defining, are varying along the z and t
direction.

Variables:
m.C = Var(m.z,m.t)
m.Cair = Var(m.z,m.t)
m.masswater = Var(m.z,m.t)
m.massair = Param(initialize = 1833.50)

that is C and Cair and all other variables are varying along z and t
direction.

After this, when I define the equations,

def _calculations(m,i,j):
if i == 0 or i == 1 or j == 0:
return Constraint.Skip

return m.wateraccumulated(j) == 916.50 - (m.C(i,j)*46*28/(28*18*1.205 +
m.C(i,j) * 46*28))*2750

if i == 0:
return m.vel(i,j) == m.inmassflowrate/ ((m.outerdiameter * m.outerdiameter
* m.pi/4)*m.densityfeed)
if i == 1:
return m.vel(i,j) == m.outmassflowrate/((m.outerdiameter * m.outerdiameter
* m.pi/4)*m.densityfeed)

return m.vel(i,j) == m.flowrate/((m.outerdiameter * m.outerdiameter *
m.pi/4)*m.densityfeed)
m.calculations = Constraint(m.z,m.t, rule = _calculations)

It tells me that TypeError: 'IndexedVar' object is not callable for m.C
itself. I think the syntax is correct but I am not able to figure out why
the variable is not callable.

I am aware that the language is slightly different than Python here, I am
just stuck and would appreciate any help here.