[Tutor] pip says no downloads for PyMedia

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Tue Sep 13 17:41:56 EDT 2016

On 09/13/2016 04:01 PM, boB Stepp wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes at comcast.net> wrote:

> I personally know nothing about PyMedia, but if 2004 should be the
> release date (The copyright at the bottom of their home page.), then
> we are looking at a version of Python prior to Py 2.4.4 which was
> released in October of 2006!  If this is correct, then you are
> probably going to be unable to use PyMedia with any modern version of
> Python.  Is there not something else more modern and compatible that
> can meet your needs?

I am following some code in  a Tkinter book I am reading. The author
says he is using Windows 7 and Python 2.7.3, so I should be good with
python 2.7.6.

Right now I am more concerned about and trying to fix the urllib3
warnings.  As a test just now I used python 2.7.3 version of pip  to
install pyperclip. It gave me the same urllib3 warnings as when I tried
to install PyMedia, BUT it did go ahead and finish the installation.

So maybe the two problems are not related but I would like to figure out
and correct the urllib3 problem.

Regards,  Jim