[Tutor] understanding code testing

leam hall leamhall at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 13:48:32 EDT 2017

For python specific I'd look at unittest:
https://docs.python.org/3/library/unittest.html?highlight=test#module-unittest

For testing in general then "Test Driven Development By Example" by Kent
Beck. Examples are in Java but he explains the theory.

I've been on a testing kick lately and am slogging through Binder's
"Testing Object Oriented Systems". It's a great book, well written, but
still a bit over my head. I wasn't a math whiz in school.

Lots of web pages on testing, and probably some on python TDD if you make
sure it's not focusing on Django. Unless you're doing Django, that is.

Leam