[Tutor] Tkinter layout question

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Wed Apr 19 18:48:42 EDT 2017

I'm looking for ideas here.

A working solution for my sudoku solver is a 9 x 9 grid of entry boxes but it looks a bit basic. So I created a 9 x 9 grid on a canvas which looks much better. I can display digits in the centre of the squares but entering the digits from the keyboard seems to be beyond me. I experimented with entering a digit at the mouse location but it all seems to be too complicated. Perhaps someone can offer a repetitively simple solution?

A second experiment involved the earlier grid of entry boxes but with a space between every third row and column. This seems to be more achievable, eventually.

Something along these lines:

for i in range(9):
    if i % 4 == 0:
        place a blank text label
    else:
        place an entry box

So, how might I enter digits into a grid on a canvas or how could I create a space between a grid entry boxes?

--
Regards,
Phil