[Tutor] What is meaning of "/" in "pow(x, y, z=None, /)"?

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 08:30:26 EDT 2017

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 1:59 AM, eryk sun <eryksun at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 1:06 AM, boB Stepp <robertvstepp at gmail.com> wrote:

>> A quick scan of some of my Python books does not turn up the use of
>> "/" as a function argument.  I have a nagging feeling I've read about
>> this somewhere previously, but I cannot bring it to mind, and I have
>> yet to stumble on a search that brings up an answer (Yet.).
>
> We discussed this syntax several months ago:
>
> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2017-February/thread.html#110344

Heavy sigh.  Thus why I felt I "had read about this".  I guess this
bit of knowledge did not stick very well!

Studying Python off and on, then taking days, weeks or even months off
before the next bit of studying is not an effective way to retain
knowledge.  But that's my life currently.

Thanks, Eryk.

--
boB