[Tutor] If tuple cannot be sorted, then why sorted() on a tuple is fine?

C W tmrsg11 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 18:51:16 EDT 2017

This is a follow up. I actually ran into this today:

import numpy as np
xArray = np.ones((3, 4))

> xArray.shape
(3, 4)
> np.shape(xArray)
(3, 4)

It was confusing to see that both xArray.shape and np.shape() worked. Are
they equivalent?

In the case of sort() vs sorted(), they are different, but close enough to
mistake them as the same thing.

Thanks!