[Tutor] Percentage of installations without setuptools (Was if __name__=='__main__' ...)

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 11 11:54:49 EDT 2017

On 11/08/17 13:35, Thomas Güttler wrote:

> I guess most python installations have setuptools.

I guess so too, although I don't know.
Those that don't are probably in one of two categories
a) people who just downloaded Python and never installed
   anything else
b) people working for large paranoid corporates. Although
   in this case there is probably only one installation,
   albeit with hundreds of users.

So far as I can tell I don't have it on any of my
Python installs on my Linux box, but I may just be looking
in the wrong place... I know I have it on my Windows box.

> But this is only my naive vague guess.

Me too :-)

--
Alan G