[Tutor] Long post: Request comments on starting code and test code on chess rating project.

Neil Cerutti neilc at norwich.edu
Thu Aug 17 11:11:27 EDT 2017

On 2017-08-16, boB Stepp <robertvstepp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 12:29 PM, Alan Gauld via Tutor
> <tutor at python.org> wrote:
>>
>>> You really can do it, but to me this requirement argues for
>>> going back to a database backend. Why rewrite SQL?
>
> I just thought this would be an interesting problem type to
> tackle. No intentions of reinventing SQL!

If you think it'll be fun or interesting, that's a plenty good
reason to do it yourself. On the other hand, practicing the
Python DB-API can be fun and profitable, too. As a near total
neophyte to SQL and databases, attaining the skill of
incoporating sqlite3 into my Python projects took me a couple of
years of on/off again practice. But it has since saved me a ton
of effort.

--
Neil Cerutti