[Tutor] IDLE

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 30 04:07:10 EST 2017

On 29/12/17 22:21, nelson jon kane wrote:

> ..., he had his own personal name "put in" to his Python,

I have no idea what you mean by that.
Python is an interpreter that executes your code.
It doesn't have a "User Name" in it.
In interactive mode it displays a prompt which
is usually >>> although you could change that
if you really wanted to. But it doesn't say
"User Name" anywhere.

I therefore assume you are talking about some
kind of development tool rather than Python itself.

Where did you get your "Python"?
What OS are you using?
What does it say in the window title bar?

Or maybe you can send a link to the videos so
we can see this tool?

> So, I'm looking for a new series of videos.

Videos are good for getting a feel for things and
understanding concepts but IMHO they are not good
for details. You don't have time to follow along by
typing in each line - and if you keep pausing the
video you lose continuity. And you need to type the
code to learn a programming language. So I'd
recommend using one of the many online web tutorials
supplemented by videos.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site