[Tutor] Accessing an entry value input by the user

Pooja Bhalode poojabhalode11 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 10:28:56 EST 2017

Hi,

I am trying to create a label and an entry widget. I am not able to
understand as to how to access the value input by the user in the entry
widget.

Label(frame1, text = "Number of species:").grid(row=0, column = 1, sticky=W)
entrynumberspecies = Entry(frame1)
entrynumberspecies.grid(row=0, column = 2, sticky=W)

print entrynumberspecies.get()

How can I make the entrynumberspecies store the value in once the user
inputs it and then use that value for later part of my code? or print it
for that matter.

Thank you

Pooja