[Tutor] [Python 2.7] HELP: Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0 port 80 not proceeding

Allan Tanaka allantanaka11 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 05:13:13 EST 2017

I have changed the syntax to be python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8000 to match my  ml python script.Still it doesn't work? Scracthing my head...See attached file for screenshoots

    On Monday, 27 February 2017, 16:54, Alan Gauld via Tutor <tutor at python.org> wrote:

 On 27/02/17 02:44, Allan Tanaka via Tutor wrote:
> I try to access it with http://0.0.0.0:8000/chart.html via Google Chrome,

> On 18/02/17 04:46, Allan Tanaka via Tutor wrote:
>> Not completely sure why it doesn't open the chart on the web browser
>> when i type this in the windows command prompt (cmd)
>> python -m SimpleHTTPServer port 80.

First that should give an error... The syntax should be:

python -m SimpleHTTPServer 80

Which should then print a message like:

Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0 port 80 ...

Second, you are starting the web server using port 80
but you are trying to access it using port 8000. You need
to change the server startup command or change the url
so that they match.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site