[Tutor] Learning Objectives?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 27 09:28:04 EST 2017

On 27/02/17 10:44, Leam Hall wrote:
> Is there a list of Python skill progression, like "Intermediates should
> know <this> and Advanced should know <this and that>?" Trying to map out
> a well rounded study list.

I'm not aware of such a list, and I'm not sure it's of much value.
Better to just learn what you need and use it. When you need
to learn more, learn it. The worst thing you can do is study an
arbitrary list of topics that don't have any relevance to
the problems you need to solve!

Nobody is going to ask for an intermediate programmer, or a
beginner programmer. They might ask for an expert, but if you
are really an expert you will know that already - and you
won't be able to become one by studying anything extra.

Once you are past the basics - ie. you can write a program
that does something useful, it's all about writing code and
learning as you go. And you never stop learning.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site