[Tutor] cannot open idle in 3.6 version but can in 2.7

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 26 03:51:53 EST 2017

On 25/01/17 20:56, Wiley, Brian wrote:

> I would like to learn and utilize both python versions.
> For some reason when access shell for 3.6 I get this message:
>
> "Your Python may not be configured for Tk. **", file=sys.__stderr__)

That usually means you've installed a Python that has not been built
with the Tk bindings. You need to find a Tk compatible version.
Which OS are you using? Where/how did you get your Python 3.6?

If you compiled from source you need to go into the config file
before building - ISTR you can do that by running make config...
But there are probably pre-built binaries for your OS somewhere.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site