[Tutor] HTML module for Python

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 22 03:29:14 EDT 2017

On 20/03/17 22:09, ਪੰਜਾਬ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ wrote:

> Looking for recommendations on Python module to use to generate HTML
> pages/tables, other HTML content.  Kindly help.

While thee are some modules that help with this most Python
programs I've seen just generate the HTML directly as strings.
There is no direct equivalent of, say, Perl's CGI module.

However, if you are using a web framework, it will
generally provide a templating mechanism which will
separate out the HTML code  (the view) from your
Python code (the model and controller).

So if you give is more information about what the
HTML is being used for, we might be able to provide
more help. Is it part of a web application or just
a data file that you make available to some third
party?

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site