[Tutor] Using Python to access .txt files stored behind a firewall as .exe files

Ian Monat ian.monat at gmail.com
Mon May 1 20:12:40 EDT 2017

Thank you for the reply Mats.

I agree the fact that files are wrapped in an .exe is ridiculous. We're
talking about a $15B company that is doing this by the way, not a ma and pa
shop.  Anyways...

If I understand you correctly, you're saying I can:

1) Use Python to download the file from the web (but not by using a
webscraper, according to Alan)
2) Simply ignore the .exe wrapper and use, maybe Windows Task Manager, to
unzip the file and place the .txt file in the desired folder

Am I understanding you correctly?

Thank you -Ian