[Tutor] airflow dag

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sat May 27 00:25:24 EDT 2017

On 25May2017 18:02, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>On 25/05/17 13:15, shubham goyal wrote:
>> I want to ask that can we pass the parameters as commandline arguments in
>> airflow when we are triggering the dag and access them inside the dag's
>> python script/file.
>
>I've no idea what a dag is.

It's a directed acyclic graph, a very standard computer science term.

Determining that that is what AirFlow means when it says "DAG" was surprisingly
hard, but here we are:

  http://airflow.apache.org/

(So the hardness comes from a web search not dropping me on their front page:-)

Looks like a tool for data driven computation using a graph of data pipelines.
By restricting it to a DAG on can be certain the computation will finish and
the termination condition is trivially satisfied. No feedback loops.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>