[Tutor] missing idlelib and pip

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 1 06:39:50 EDT 2017

On 01/11/17 04:30, Paul Simon wrote:
> The python distribution for the Mageia 6 update does not include idlelib
> or pip.  Please tell me where to find them to add.

IDLE should be in your package manager - along with zillions of
other Python packages. You should just need to select it and
install it. The caveat is that I don't use Mageia but that's
how it works on every other Linux Python I've used.

On my Mint system I use Synaptic as a package manager and typing
idle into the search box brings up a long list in the form

idle-pythonX.Y

Where X.Y represent every version from 2.3 through to 3.6
Just select the version corresponding to your installed
Python.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site