[Tutor] Visual Studio issue when pip installing mysql-python

Mike Nickey mnickey at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 15:59:38 EST 2017

Hi all,

I understand that this might be out of the scope of this list but I am
hopeful that someone has some insight on it so I can move forward with this
project. This is a hail mary attempt to get this resolved.

The issue that I am seeing is that I have a script that works well locally.
I am trying to get this to work on a virtual machine (Windows Server
2012R).
I the goal of this is to have the virtual machine run this automatically
for us.

When I am installing the dependancies for this script I am running into an
issue with :
pip install mysql-python

The full Traceback is rather long but I can post it if needed.

    building '_mysql' extension
    creating build\temp.win-amd64-3.4
    creating build\temp.win-amd64-3.4\Release
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\amd64\cl.exe
/c /nologo /Ox /MD /W3 /GS- /DNDEBUG -Dversion_info=(1,2,5,'final',1)
-D__version__=1.2.5 "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Connector C
6.0.2\include" -IC:\Python34\include -IC:\Python34\include /Tc_mysql.c
/Fobuild\temp.win-amd64-3.4\Release\_mysql.obj /Zl
    _mysql.c
    _mysql.c(42) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'config-win.h': No such file or directory
    error: command '"c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0\VC\BIN\amd64\cl.exe"' failed with exit status 2

Any ideas on how to resolve this?
I've already asked to have a linux virtual machine spun up for us but I'd
love to hear what you think.

--
~MEN
Portfolio <http://portfolio.mnickey.com>