[Tutor] AttributeError: 'BezierPath' object has no attribute '_draw_solid'

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Nov 20 10:18:29 EST 2017

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 08:18:41AM -0500, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:

> I'm not really looking for someone to do the programming for me.  I know
> that the code works, because it did and produced the attached plot. I
> just don't know why it stopped working.  Actually, all of my programming
> experience has been with FORTRAN, starting with II in 1961 (yes, I am
> rather an old... an Organic Chemist.
>
> Let's start over,
>
> This is the code:

You seem to have completely ignored my advice about cutting the code
down to the minimum amount that demonstrates the error. Okay, that's
your perogative, but as a volunteer it is my perogative to choose how
much or how little effort I put into solving your problem for you.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to spend a lot of time on
this, so I'll just offer one suggestion. According to the error
traceback, you appear to be running the script from inside either the
Spyder IDE, or possibly an iPython/Jupyter notebook.

This appears to be the command you are running (inside iPython?):

> runfile('/home/comp/Apps/Python/Plot_T_Data/MultiplePlots_3.py', wdir='/home/comp/Apps/Python/Plot_T_Data')

and the traceback shows a failure relating to iPython and/or Spyder:

>   File "<ipython-input-22-d74ad7d779d0>", line 1, in <module>
>     runfile('/home/comp/Apps/Python/Plot_T_Data/MultiplePlots_3.py', wdir='/home/comp/Apps/Python/Plot_T_Data')
>
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/spyder/utils/site/sitecustomize.py", line 688, in runfile
>     execfile(filename, namespace)

It is possible that you have recently updated iPython or installed
Spyder, and that has broken your script. I recommend that you eliminate
them from contention, by running your script from the old-fashioned
Linux commandline. From bash, or some other terminal shell, run:

cd /home/comp/Apps/Python/Plot_T_Data
python3.5 MultiplePlots_3.py

and see if the error persists. If the error goes away, then the problem
lies in iPython or Spyder.

In a nutshell, based on a cursory look at the traceback, this seems to
be a problem with your environment rather than your code.

Good luck!

--
Steve