[Tutor] using while loop for read process memory

Michael C mysecretrobotfactory at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 19:10:04 EDT 2017

Sorry Alan, Steve, everyone

Can you take a look of this please?

Here is my question about the memory:

So I have a base address of a chunk of memory from it's size, from
VirtualQueryEx
(if you dont use windows, it's ok, it's not about how u get these values,
because I think
the base concept is the same)

start = mbi.BaseAddress
finish = mbi.RegionSize

So at this time, I use while and this is how it looks like

while index < finish:
   # access the memory here:
   while memory function( index)
   # then index += 1, for the inner loop

## this line complete the outer while loop
index += mbi.RegionSize

so Why did I put down index += 1  ?

That's because what I think about the memory looks like this
(short)(int)(double)(int)(int)(int)(double)  and so on,

since I can't predict which address is the beginning of a double, the only
way
to deal with that is to use increment by 1.

Now, from what I have been reading, it seems there is a better way to do it,
for instance, a for loop.

for(start,finish, 8)

why 8? because double begins at exact 0 or multiple of 8 bytes, right?