[Tutor] Windows Memory Basics

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 17 04:45:16 EDT 2017

On 17/10/17 00:53, Michael C wrote:
> ah, i am bummed completely haha.
>
> Is there a way to tell which parts a variables so I can scan it?
> Maybe you could point me to some reading materials?

There are some rules about where programs store data within
their memory space, but typically that will only give you
the start address of a data area. It still doesn't give
you any clue as to what is stored in that area in terms
of data types.

As to reading material there are several books on OS
that you could try. One of the easiest and shortest
is "Fundamentals of OS" by Lister. But because its
general in nature it won;t help with Windows specifics.

For windows specifics its back to MSDN, but that is
not very accessible.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site