[Tutor] Python 3.6.5 for MAC

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Mon Apr 23 13:04:54 EDT 2018

On 04/23/2018 09:37 AM, William Ray Wing wrote:

>> On Apr 23, 2018, at 6:29 AM, Giorgio De Angelis <giorgio030898 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello guys,
>>
>> I have a problem with my MacBook Pro ’13, version 10.13.4, because when I try to open the shell it says that it couldn’t make any connection because it wasn’t able to make a subprocess. Can you help me?
>>

> Sorry, do you mean open a shell in the Terminal application, or open a shell in a python subprocess?
>
> Bill

Indeed, more details, please.

This *sounds* like the old IDLE problem with Tcl/Tk on the Mac, Python
itself shouldn't need to create a subprocess in the way that causes a
problem.

Did you read the "macOS users" section of

https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-365/

and did you, in fact, get the second installer listed, which is supposed
to get around that particular problem?