[Tutor] SSL Error

Marc Tompkins marc.tompkins at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 19:42:12 EDT 2018

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 1:13 AM, Alan Gauld via Tutor <tutor at python.org>
wrote:

> On 01/08/18 05:07, Saket Mehrotra wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I am also not using any Open SSL package.
> > I have just added  " import requests" in py file. And when I run the
> module
> > I   get the SSL package error ,not sure why.
>
> Then you really need to send the complete error message
> and the code that generates it - the full function
> definition at least.

THIS.
Give us the _whole_ error message, even the parts that look like they don't
make any sense.  For one thing, the traceback tells us exactly which line
of code triggered the exception - and which file that line of code came
from.  From your description, it sounds like the error is being thrown by
the requests module, but we can't tell.

I've just taken a look at the source for "requests"; it never asks for
 PROTOCOL_SSLv23
specifically, so I don't know where that's coming from.  PROTOCOL_SSLv23 is
a constant in the standard-library ssl module, but not in pyopenssl.  (You
mentioned that you uninstalled pyopenssl, but requests imports it - so
there must be another copy of it on your machine somewhere?)

I can't emphasize this enough: the right way to ask questions is also the
easiest way - cut and paste.  Don't paraphrase, don't edit, don't try to be
creative or descriptive.  Just give us the entire error message and
traceback, and we can go from there.