[Tutor] [OT] Re: Need help in learning Python

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 13 04:02:36 EDT 2018

This thread is getting seriously off topic, but I'm
interested so I'm letting it run... :-)

On 13/08/18 07:46, Wallis Short wrote:
> To learn Ubuntu, I would recommend installing Windows Subsystem for Linux
> onto your existing Windows 10 setup  and then get the Ubuntu (or SUSE and
> Debian) from the Microsoft store and install. It does have a few
> limitations (especially on the GUI) but again which proper Linux Sysadmin
> uses the GUI :)

This is news to me. Can you elaborate a little on what
exactly this Linux Subsystem for Windows does? Does it
let me run Linux binaries under Windows? And if so how
do they show up on screen?

This could potentially be very useful for something
I'm currently working on...

PS. I probably should just google it, but since
you appear to have hands on experience...

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site