[Tutor] [OT] Re: Need help in learning Python

Wallis Short walliss at metrofibre.co.za
Mon Aug 13 04:17:00 EDT 2018

Hi Alan

Have a look here - I could write it but why invent the wheel :)

https://www.howtogeek.com/249966/how-to-install-and-use-the-linux-bash-shell-on-windows-10/

A quick "How To" to remote ssh into the WSL once installed
sudo apt-get install openssh-server

sudo vi /etc/ssh/sshd_config
    PermitRootLogin no

PermitRootLogin - we need to change this to no
PasswordAuthentication - We need to change this to yes
UsePriviledgeSeperation - We need to change this to no

Go to end of file (Shift G)
insert

AllowUsers ubuntu  (or whatever name you chose when you installed WSL)

bounce the SSH service.

sudo service ssh --full-restart

*Wallis Short*   Senior Network Engineer

<http://metrofibre.co.za/>

Metro Fibre Networx (Pty) Ltd
www.metrofibre.co.za

298 Witch-Hazel Ave, Highveld, Centurion, Gauteng, 0157 South Africa
<https://maps.google.com/?q=298+Witch-Hazel+Ave,+Highveld,+Centurion,+Gauteng,+0157+South+Africa&entry=gmail&source=g>