[Tutor] Next step in learning programming with Python

JGledhill jgledhill at protonmail.com
Wed Aug 22 10:45:38 EDT 2018

Greetings,

I am at a point where I am familiar with variables, "if", "while", "for", statements etc, as well as the basics of object oriented programming. Up to this point I've mostly been following tutorials, which involves a lot of hand holding. I'm at the point where I want to actually start "programming", and solving problems by thinking through them, not just copying code examples.

Any recommendations on how I can break free? My biggest fear is that I'm going to try to tackle a project out of my depth and end up stuck and frustrated.