[Tutor] localhosting

Roger Lea Scherer rls4jc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 19:09:37 EDT 2018

I'm trying to implement a local host. My instructions tell me to type the
following command in the command line, make sure I'm in the "www" folder
(which I am and not a subfolder, although there is a subfolder "cgi-bin")
and then run this:
python3 -m http.server --cgi 8000
I'm running Anaconda in Windows 10. I get an error: 'python3' is not
recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch
file.
But this is the folder that I thought Python 3.6 was in.

I tried Windows PowerShell and received this error message: python3 : The
term 'python3' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script
file, or operable program.
Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the
path is correct and try again.

So how do I correct this? I suspect python3 isn't in this folder. I know I
have python3 because I run python3.6 shell practically every day. I've
looked in the Program Files folder, came up empty as far as python is
concerned, but I don't know where else to look?

Or if this is not the correct forum, can you please (re)direct me to the
correct one?

Thank you.

--
Roger Lea Scherer