[Tutor] Beginners Book, Python and PyScripter

James Stapleton-Cotton jstapcot at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 05:35:29 EST 2018

Hello,

On this page (
http://openbookproject.net/thinkcs/python/english3e/way_of_the_program.html)
- a book for learning Computer Science using Python - I am directed to (
http://code.google.com/p/pyscripter) in order to access the appropriate
program development environment, PyScripter. I have downloaded the latest
version of Python from Python.org and PyScripter from a site that I am
directed to from the original site mentioned in the beginning of this email
- (https://sourceforge.net/projects/pyscripter/files/), however I can't
seem to be able to run PyScripter on my Mac.
The only file that opens is the Python Shell. I am really confused as to
whether or not PyScripter works on Mac OS or if I'm missing a step in the
installation process?

I hope I have been clear in my query. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
James