[Tutor] Regarding Python api script

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 3 19:36:58 EST 2018

On 03/12/2018 22:15, Ravi Kumar wrote:

> I have developed a python script to get api calls for meraki
> clientlogevents I am wanting the output of apicalls which is in xml format
> integrated to sql server management  studio how do i do that?

XML is such a flexible format that without seeing the
specific schema and data its near impossible to give
specific answers.

However, the etree module that comes with Python is
designed for parsing XML so if you take a look at
its documentation (and search for ElementTree
tutorials) you should get something.

There are other third party modules that are slightly
easier to use but provided its straightforward,
well formed XML, etree should be fine.

If you need to access the SQL Server database to
fetch the XML then the Python DBAPI has modules
that work with SQLserver. The ODBC one if nothing
else works!

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site