[Tutor] Python function

Bob Gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 15:16:13 EST 2018

On Dec 13, 2018 1:55 PM, "Sammy Lee" <sjl1357 at comcast.net> wrote:

> How do I create a python function that opens a CSV file and determines
how many columns
> of data are in the file? The CSV files have been randomly generated from
https://www.mockaroo.com/

> def csv_column_count(openfile):

Same comments as I made in response to your other question. What part of
this do you need help with? do need to know how to read a file? do you need
to understand what a CSV file is? do you need to know how to parse a
character string?

The more specific you are the easier it is for us to help you.

Have you ever written a Python program? What has your course taught you so
far? Do you know how to write pseudocode?