[Tutor] learn python to build payment processor

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 14:28:37 EDT 2018

On 11/07/18 14:55, Anil Duggirala wrote:
> I would like to ask what for recommendations on
> books/resources to learn python to build a payment processor.

You don;t tell us your experience level.

If you can already program in any other language then just
use the standard Python tutorial on python.org. Then progress
to the Django tutorial on their web site. That should
be sufficient, however....

If you are a complete beginner you should start with one
of the non-programmers tutorials linked on the python.org
site (or try mine from the link below).

Any of them will get you to a basic standard with the language.
You then probably need to learn the basics of SQL - there are
many SQL tutorials (including mine :-)

Finally you cn try Django...

> I need to understand how python works with databases,
> user authentication and how a user can have an account>page to view all his details;

Django can do a lot of that for you. (as can many other web
frameworks, but Django is well supported so a good place to start.

> I am a newbie, but know very basic Python, applied to math.
> Should I learn to use Django to do this project, is it necessary?

As I said, there are other web frameworks, so you could use any
of then, but Django has a proven track record for this kind of
task, has a large user community, many web resources for learning
and is not so complex that the learning curve is too steep
(think Zope!) But you do need a good knowledge of Python so going
through the full official tutorial is probably a good idea
 - it should only take a day or so.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site