[Tutor] learn python to build payment processor

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 04:55:23 EDT 2018

On 07/11/2018 05:41 PM, Anil Duggirala wrote:
>> You don;t tell us your experience level.
>
> Im not a complete newbie, I understand basic programming.

Anil, if you are doing this for a class project, or as a way to learn
Python, then I applaud you! It will take time and be difficult but you
will learn a lot.

However, if you are actually thinking about using this to process
payments, please stop. Don't do that. Not because you're not smart
enough but because none of us is smart enough. Companies have entire
teams writing this sort of code and other teams reviewing the code. Even
then, there are significant security risks.

Financial transaction code that has flaws can ruin people's lives. I've
already had my card misused this year, it took me a week of effort to
recover. That was much less than it would have been if we didn't have
stringent controls in place.

Please code responsibly.

Leam