[Tutor] In matplotlib, why are there axes classes vs. axes API? Why not list them under one documentation?

C W tmrsg11 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 12:31:44 EDT 2018

Hello everyone,

I'm working on matplotlib, could someone explain the difference between
these two?

Axes class: https://matplotlib.org/api/axes_api.html#matplotlib.axes.Axes
Axes and tick API: https://matplotlib.org/api/axis_api.html

I began at reading axes class, but discovered axes API by accident. Why are
there two documentations on the same thing? Why not merge? I mean, one is
already confusing enough. ;)

Axes is already branching off of plt,plot(), and now there is a branch
within axes. I didn't dare to look, but may even be sub-branches?

Thank you!