[Tutor] In matplotlib, why are there axes classes vs. axes API? Why not list them under one documentation?

Hilton Fernandes hgfernan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 06:46:16 EDT 2018

Dear all,

while MatPlotLib can have a myriad of options -- and that can be really
confusing --, there is sample code for almost everything in their site.

So, I had a great time playing with it.

And from what I remember from visiting their site, there are two versions
of many of the resources: one deriived from the Matlab API for plotting --
hence the name --, and one more Pythonic.

So, I believe that the good people developing MatPlotLib is already taking
care of the clumsiness of the original form of the library, and rephrasing
it in good programming style.

All the best,
Hilton