[Tutor] py2app utility

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Mar 9 05:02:23 EST 2018

On Fri, Mar 09, 2018 at 12:46:22PM +0530, Jayant Wadhwani wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to create an executable file from py2app utility
>
> with the help of documentation on python.org i am able to create executable
> file on MAC OS X
>
> my question is the sample.app created with the help of py2app utility and i
> go inside the sample.app/resources i can still fine the python source file
> ( sample.py)
>
> if we are creating the executable why there is inclusion of .py file in
> final bundle as we are not suppose to share the source code

You wll have to ask the py2app developers why they include the source
code. Usually, the answer to that question is so that they can show
debugging information in the tracebacks if an exception occurs.

Perhaps there is an option to py2app that removes the .py files and only
includes .pyc files. What does the documentation say?

--
Steve