[Tutor] Regarding "IDLE Subprocess Didn't Make Connection" Error

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sat Nov 17 06:32:17 EST 2018

Another thought comes to mind...

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 03:38:28PM -0800, Break fast wrote:

> "IDLE subprocess didn't make connection. Either IDLE can't start a
> subprocess, or personal Firewall software is blocking the connection"
>
> I have been researching this issue nonstop the last two days, and haven't
> had any luck in resolving the issue.
>

> I am running Windows 7 (x64), and have installed Python 3.7.1 and 3.6.7
> numerous times now.

Try opening a Windows console (command prompt) and launching IDLE from
that, just in case some more informative error messages are printed to
the console. You can try these commands:

python36 -m idlelib

python37 -m idlelib

and if they print any error messages, please copy the ENTIRE
message and send them to this list.

--
Steve