[Tutor] online interactive Py resource?

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Wed Nov 28 20:49:40 EST 2018

I'm going to end up tutoring someone (family member) learning Python in
the new year.  Look forward to it. It will be a remote arrangement.
Haven't trained anyone in the whole picture (as opposed to bits and bobs
of possibly helpful advice on demand, like here) since I wrote and
delivered a training course for a commercial training company, the last
instance of which was pre-historic in tech terms (2002 in calendar
terms). That those were very much hands-on, in-person.

It occurs to me it would be cool to work interactively in a distributed
Internet editing environment that could run Python code.  Are there
such?  There are distributed editing environments, like Etherpad, Gobby,
(cough) Google Docs.  There are online interactive Python environments,
such as the ones from the nice folks at PythonAnywhere.

is there something that combines the two?  I'm not completely sure
PythonAnywhere doesn't have that capability... but I'm looking for some
wisdom and experiences (and maybe best practices) from the other tutors
around here.

cheers,

-- mats