[Tutor] Advanced python recommendations

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 05:41:48 EDT 2018

On 10/10/18 02:22, boB Stepp wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 6:54 PM Mariam Haji <mariamhaji01 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys, I am on the last exercises of learn python the hard by Zed.A Shaw and I am looking for recommendations on what to follow next or what book to try next to advance my python skills to intermediate level.
>
> If you are a fan of Zed Shaw's approach, I noticed while at Barnes &
> Noble a while back that he has released a sequel to the book you
> cited, but only for the Python 3 version.  You may be interested in
> that.
>
> But I imagine taking time to imagine, detail and write the code for
> projects would help you the most, as the others have said.

After the disgraceful way that Zed Shaw wrote about Python 3
https://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/nopython3.html I wouldn't touch
his stuff with a 100 foot long disinfected barge pole.  Just a few
months after this article he came out with the Python 3 book you
reference above, presumably because he was losing cash.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence