[Tutor] Python 3.6 update?

Jim jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Thu Oct 25 17:07:06 EDT 2018

Mint 18.1
Default python3 = 3.5
Python 3.6 installed for use by a virtual environment.

Update manager just informed me of an update for python 3.6 to 3.6.7-1.
When I started to install it, I got a dialog saying:

this upgrade will trigger additional changes. The following 2 packages
will be removed  python3-dev & python3-venv.

I am wondering what will happen to the virtual environment I have
installed that uses python 3.6. Will the 2 packages be replaced and the
virtual environment continue to work or is there some other steps I will
need to take.

Regards,  Jim