[Tutor] "Python not recognized as a command"

Dana O'Connor oconnord at allegheny.edu
Sat Sep 1 13:40:19 EDT 2018

Hi,
I've been trying to download and use Python 3.7 for the past few days and
every time I try to open it it tells me I don't have "pip" which should be
impossible because this version of Python is supposed to automatically come
with pip (?).  Additionally, whenever I open the command prompt on my
computer, the command "python" is not even recognized by the system even
though Python is downloaded onto the computer.  I cannot use Python at all
until I figure out this problem, so I guess my overall question is why
doesn't my computer acknowledge Python when it has been downloaded (and
redownloaded) several times on my computer?
Thanks and warmest regards,
Dana

--
Dana O'Connor