[Tutor] Python

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 6 04:21:52 EDT 2018

On 06/09/18 04:14, Donna Black via Tutor wrote:
> How do we save our work on python? IDLE hasn’t installed itself on my computer

Which OS are you using? That will help us
find/install IDLE.

However, you don't need IDLE to work with Python,
just a text editor.

If I assume you are using Windows then start notepad
and type the 2 lines

print("Hello world")
input("hit return to exit...")

Then save the file as hello.py

You should now be able to run that file by
double clicking it in your file manager.

Alternatively, start a CMD session
(Windows+R type cmd, hit OK) and at the
prompt type

python \the\folder\where\you\saved\the\file\hello.py

If you have problems with any of that let us know.
copy any error messages you get into your
mail message.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site