[Tutor] Help with building bytearray arrays

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 10 18:13:46 EDT 2018

On 10/09/18 19:15, Chip Wachob wrote:

> So I see why my .join() isn't working.  I'm not sure how to fix it though.

I already showed you the sum() function.

It can take a list of lists and add them together

end_array = sum(results,[])

> My background is in C and other 'historical' languages, so I'm trying
> to get a hold of the way Python handles arrays, which is different
> that the way I've thought for 20+ years.. :)

Yes, as per my other message, Python data structures are
very powerful. They are not just bare chunks of memory.

> I'm beginning to wonder if Python was the right choice for this
> project.. but it's too late for me to switch now.

Looks like a very good choice to me. Almost any other language
would be much more work. :-)

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site